A highly motivated business development professional who has a passion for unlocking what’s possible in healthcare and life sciences through partnerships. You enjoy crafting creative deal structures, and have a track record of initiating and closing transactions. Interacting with a diverse set of partners and customers excites you, and you are enthusiastic, imaginative, and tireless in pushing the boundaries of scientific and business model innovation. If this is you, read on.
We are not married to specific tools, technologies or shiny objects. We ask questions until we arrive at the best answer for the patient. We believe glycoproteomics is a new language of biology that we are translating for the benefit of patients, researchers, science, and medicine. We have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are happy challenging the status quo, and always remain solution oriented. If this sounds like a good fit, read on.
The Business Development team at InterVenn is responsible for value creation through external partnerships. As the Director of Business Development, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on partnership strategy, and will be responsible for cultivating, securing and managing high-value alliances with a variety of partners, with a focus on biopharmaceutical companies. You will be working directly with the Chief Business Officer, and closely with internal science and data science teams to support our efforts to develop innovative products and solutions based on partner and customer feedback. This is an excellent opportunity to further your career with a fast growing company at the bleeding edge of the next -omic revolution.
- Work with senior leadership to define business development and partnership strategy, taking into account capability requirements, organizational resources, and fit with overall corporate mission
- Landscape the universe of potential partners and competitors, evaluate and prioritize partnership opportunities based on dimensions such as technical feasibility, market opportunity, and alignment with business development priorities of InterVenn
- Source and engage potential partners, conduct due diligence, and present recommendations to senior leadership
- Scope, structure and negotiate agreements across a wide range of transaction types from collaborations, to licensing, to joint ventures, to multi-party relationships; working in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and grow relationships with existing and new partners, acting as the central point of contact who maintains comprehensive account knowledge
- Advocate for critical partnerships and gain key stakeholders’ support
- Provide alliance management support where needed
- Dynamic, creative, willing to take on any challenge, and fun to work with
- A minimum of Master’s/MBA or equivalent practical experience in the life science, medical, engineering, or data science field; PhD, MD, or JD preferred
- 8+ years of experience working in a business development, management consulting, investment banking, venture investment, or technology transfer role
- Demonstrated track record of managing, structuring and closing transactions in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or other related life science industries
- Ability to drive discussions with senior technical and business leaders within partners and customers
- Literacy in both business and science, with experience in conducting market research and life science literature reviews
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills, coupled with the ability to synthesize results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including executive speaking and presentation experience in large and small groups
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing startup environment
- Experience in leading complex operational and strategic initiatives across various geographies
- Ability to travel (up to 20% of the time)