InterVenn is looking for a Director of People Operations who is a strong communicator and strategic thinker, and who is comfortable with working in a transparent manner and enjoys receiving honest feedback. This person dislikes office politics and believes that meritocracy in an organization is non-negotiable. They are also highly adaptable; gracefully managing the dynamic changes related to scaling a company and its headcount. If you’re a self-managed, solution-oriented problem solver with bold HR ideas, we’d love for you to apply.
We believe glycoproteins are a new language of biology we are translating for the benefit of patients, researchers, science and medicine. We have diverse backgrounds and experiences, we’re skeptical about the status quo, and we’re solutions oriented. We are not married to specific tools, technologies or shiny objects. We ask questions until we arrive at the best answer for the patient and our company.
The Director of People Operations position will support the delivery of key HR programs and services including general recruitment, executive search firm management, new hire orientation, onboarding, diversity initiatives, talent review, benefits administration, compensation, engagement/retention strategies, training and management development activities, employee relations, and various change initiatives. This position will eventually report to the Chief People Officer.
- Recruiting & Staffing: Assist hiring managers with sourcing, posting open positions, screening resumes, scheduling, organizing, and/or conducting phone and in-person interviews, background checks, preparing offers. Manage and scale the on-boarding and off-boarding program across multiple locations (the US and South East Asia).
- Benefits: Assist with administration of all benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, 401(k), COBRA, commuter benefits, and others. Assist with compliance and reporting. Process all benefits enrollments/changes/terminations as well as manage our annual open enrollment.
- Payroll: Back-up and assist in processing the biweekly payroll. Ensure that employee payroll processing is in compliance with federal and state laws. Assist in payroll accounting, transactions, reporting, stop payments and other operations. Review payroll reports and timesheets for accuracy before payroll transactions.
- Performance Management: Implement a new performance evaluation system for all employees, including check-ins, quarterly reviews, 360 reviews, and annual performance review.
- HR Compliance: Ensure the organization is compliant with all employment-related laws (federal, state, and local). Complete mandatory reporting, ensure appropriate postings, prepare policies and update employee handbook, maintain employee files, manage I-9 process, complete verification of employment, reference checks, etc. as needed. Maintain internal HR documentation related to company programs and policies.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- 2-4 years’ experience in recruiting, technical (biotech, AI, software) recruiting is a plus
- Payroll processing: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
- Experience at venture backed startup companies is a plus
- Working knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, CARES Act, federal and state labor laws
- Employee benefits administration experience
- Training and development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Extremely detail oriented