A highly motivated scientific researcher with great interest in learning advanced analytical techniques and working with a multidisciplinary team to build diagnostic tools for human diseases. The successful candidate will have experience in processing and analyzing biological samples using advanced instruments such as HPLCs and mass spectrometers.
We are not married to specific tools, technologies or shiny objects. We ask questions until we arrive at the best answer for the patient. We believe glycoproteomics is a new language of biology that we are translating for the benefit of patients, researchers, science, and medicine. We have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are happy challenging the status quo, and always remain solution oriented. If this sounds like a good fit, read on.
InterVenn Biosciences is seeking a Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our highly collaborative and supportive mass spectrometry team. You will be learning new technologies from the science team to assist in the development of quantitative proteomics workflow for disease biomarker discovery.
- Participate in the development, optimization, and validation of bioanalytical methods for biomarker discovery and validation using ELISA and/or LC-MS/MS.
- Follow established protocols for sample management, sample preparation, sample analysis, and data processing. Prepare SOPs ad needed.
- Assist in instrument installation and troubleshooting. Perform routine instrument maintenance and operation.
- Work on multiple projects within timelines according to high scientific and ethical standards. Able to respond quickly to shifting priorities.
- Align and collaborate with technical leaders, project managers, computational biologists and clinical scientists across the biomarker discovery project portfolio.
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- BS or MS in biological sciences, chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- A minimum of one year of post-college experience.
- Industry laboratory experience and bioanalysis training is preferred.
- Experience in relevant methodologies for proteomic and glycomic analyses is advantageous.
- Experience in the operation of HPLCs and mass spectrometers
- Applied knowledge with MS software analysis pipelines
- Proven record of being a fast learner, flexible, excellent communicator and mindful team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.